12.29.2008

Easy and Quick Tuna Cakes

Since I am in graduate school and working full time I have been looking for quick and easy recipes that use the items in my house. I came across this recipe for Tuna Cakes and it was delicious! I wouldn't make it for an evening with guests but it was wonderful for just Ian and I.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cans (6oz each) light tuna in water, drained, flaked
  • 1 pkg (6oz) Stove Top Stuffing for Chicken
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/3 cup mayo
  • 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
  • 3/4 cup water

DIRECTIONS:
  • Mix tuna, stuffing mix, cheese, carrots, mayo, relish and water in a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
  • Heat a large non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Scoop tuna mixture, using about 1/3 cup for each cake. Gently flatten cakes using a spatula. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides, turning cakes over carefully.

No comments: